In partnership with the Polyvagal Equine Institute,
Horses Healing Trauma offers trainings that promote
a Polyvagal Informed Approach to Trauma Therapy in Europe
Next sessions (experience-based training):
Discover the CFT training:
» October 1st (Utrecht, the Netherlands, in Dutch)
» Friday 3rd, March 2023 (Cudos, France, in French)
» Saturday 18th, March 2023 (Cudos, France, in French)
CFT Level 1: The Essentials
» 2022, Oct. 19th to 21st, Essen (Belgium, in English)
» 2023, June 2nd to 4th, Cudos (France, in French)
CFT Level 2: CFT Masterclass
» September 7th to 10th, 2023, Essen (Belgium, in English)
» September 21st to 24th, 2023, Cudos (France, in French)
CFT Level 3: Follow on, best practices and supervision
» 2023, 3 to 4 months, live/presential and video-conf in English and French
Out from the partnership of Linda, Rebecca, Anne, Joss and Cécile
If you are a trauma specialist: you’re going to have more tools to help people heal.
If you are counsellor, coach orequicoach: you’re going to be more sensitive to trauma people and find ways how to better react with them (and know who to refer them).
To support your patients & clients in healing their trauma, learn to perceive the state of your autonomic nervous system so that it becomes a powerful tool for co-regulation.
The professional Connection Focused Therapy© training emphasizes the importance of understanding the impact we all have on each other. It challenges the beliefs and assumptions we each have made about our ability to feel safe, secure, and resilient in a constantly changing world.
In polyvagal terms, co-regulation is an important goal. Co-regulation is, in its simplest terms, the impact that our nervous systems have on our own functioning and on each other. Connection Focused Therapy© training helps us to apply this consciously in therapy, coaching and equicoaching.
Anne, Joss and Cecile have developed a 3 modules training that includethe Masterclass Connection Focused Therapy©, that has been developed by bestselling author Linda Kohanov and Dr. Rebecca Bailey, PhD, two leading innovators in the fields of equine-facilitated therapy and experiential learning.
This whole training is designed for therapists, caregivers, and equine professionals working closely with therapists. It covers the first techniques for identifying and/or helping individuals and families with complex case scenarios, including post-traumatic stress due to abuse, war, crime or accidents, high or low conflict divorces as well as dealing with a difficult change situations.
The Essen sessions (in Belgium) will be taught in English. Dutch-speaking staff will be available to add explanations in Dutch.
The Cudos sessions (in France) will be partially taught in English (these sequences will be translated in French).
The training materials will be provided in Dutch, German and French translations.
FOCUS OF THE TRAINING
- Distinguish the limits of the counselling interventions when in presence of traumatized persons (for non-trauma specialist therapists)
- Increase and enhance understanding of the role of the autonomic nervous system
- Explore and experience the role of equine assisted interventions in trauma
- Create a safe and secure space for your patient
- Learn how to overcome the compassion fatigue
- Increase your emotional resilience and that of your patients
- Discover basics of working with the horses
- Explore the impact of the Somatic Experiencing© basics
Experience-based teaching combining:
- Work on the body that doesn’t involve touch
- Exercises with horses
- Theoretical and practical background
- Group work
- Case-study and on-line sessions
- For therapists and other counselling professionals who may encounter in their practice trauma survivors and families in crisis
- For equicoaches who
- want to partner with a therapist (trauma specialist) to support their therapeutic work with trauma survivors and families in crisis
- may encounter in their practice trauma survivors and families in crisis
Prior horse experience is not a prerequisite: the sessions involve ground exercices with horses, no horse riding.
3 modules (third one optional)
- Level 1: 3 days
- Level 2 (CFT Masterclass): 4 days
- Level 3: equivalent to 3 days on 3 to 4 months
DATES AND LOCATION
Discover the CFT training:
October 1st (Utrecht, Holland, in Dutch)
Friday 3rd, March 2023 (Cudos, France, in French)
Saturday 18th, March 2023 (Cudos, France, in French)
CFT Level1: The Essentials
- 2022, Oct. 19th to 21st, Essen (Belgium, in English)
- 2023, June 2nd to 4th, Cudos (France, in French)
CFT Level2: CFT Masterclass
- September 7th to 10th, 2023, Essen (Belgium, in English)
- September 21st to 24th, 2023, Cudos (France, in French)
CFT Level3: Follow on, best practices and supervision
- 2023, 3 to 4 months, live/presential and video-conf in English and French
Level 1: the daily sessions consist of interactive theory tuition by with Anne Mathieu, Cécile Gilbert-Kawano, and Josselien Janssens, alternated with demonstrations and exercises with horses.
Level 2: Linda Kohanov and Rebecca Baileywith Anne Mathieu, Cécile Gilbert-Kawano, and Josselien Janssens
Level 3: interactive sessions based on participants experiences, led by Anne Mathieu and Cécile Gilbert-Kawano.
The theory covers:
- Overview of how horses help people cope more effectively with a variety of challenges
- Discussions of relevant research
- Somatic Experiencing© basics
- Backgrounds of the connection focused therapy approach including basic skills and models
- Understanding and preventing caregivers’ compassion fatigue, while nurturing personal and professional relationships
- Increase your emotional resilience and that of your patients
The practice sessions with horses will cover:
- Demonstrations of equine-facilitated interventions in small groups, ensuring several opportunities for each participant to directly experience the exercises with horses (Eponaquest© basics on how to work with horses, trauma informed equine exercises)
- Basic skills for effective co-regulation in therapeutic relationships
- Basic skills for dealing with compassion fatigue.
TO ACCOMPANY YOU ON THIS JOURNEY:
Linda Kohanov, bestselling author of five books, including The Tao of Equus (2001) and The Power of the Herd (2013), has worked with many mental health professionals over the years to provide equine-facilitated interventions for people in crisis. Since 2003, Linda has also trained over 300 professionals worldwide in the techniques she and her colleagues have developed since Eponaquest was founded in 1997 as a collective of counselors, educators and horse trainers. Her apprenticeship is now taught both in the USA as well as in Europe.
Note: Linda Kohanov will be teaching via Zoom from Arizona in the 2022 European edition of the workshop.
Dr REBECCA BAILEY
Rebecca Bailey, PhD, is a leading family psychologist and personal therapist. The founder of Transitioning Families, Dr. Bailey has worked with law enforcement and the FBI to raise awareness and sensitivity to the issues that victims of rape, kidnapping and other crimes face in surviving these extreme experiences, reuniting with their families and healing. She has worked with hundreds of individuals and families in crisis.
Note: Dr. Rebecca Bailey will be presenting the 2022 workshop in Europe in person.
With expert co-facilitators:
Cécile accompanies people through co-development, emotional and relational intelligence, and somatic approach. She is an Advanced Eponaquest Instructor and a Somatic Experiencing© and SOMA Embodiment© practitioner. She likes to help people to “take back the reins of their life” (with or without horses) to facilitate their transformations and healing.
Cécile offers the Eponaquest Apprenticeship in France to people who wish to become Eponaquest Instructor. She co-facilitated the first European Healing the Herd – Connection Focused Therapy Workshop in Essen with Linda Kohanov in 2021.
Creator of the “Riding the Tiger©” curriculum, Anne has been accompanying women and children who are victims of violence and all people who have suffered trauma or are in a situation of emotional fragility since 2014 by combining her behavioral expertise with horses and humans.
She is a trainer in stress management and emotional emergencies, an Eponaquest Instructor and a Somatic Experiencing© practitioner.
Josselien works with teams of companies and organisations as trainer-coach in leadership development, teambuilding and personal growth through experiential learning with horses. 20 yearsa ago, she was diagnosed with severe ptsd and has since then overcome it with the help of horses. This experience helps her coach others facing the same challenge.
Josselien is a former journalist/communication professional, Advanced Eponaquest Instructor, Medicine Horse Way Master Instructor. She offers the Eponaquest curriculum in the Netherlands and Belgium for professionals who wish to become equine facilitated coaches, trainers and therapists. She co-facilitated the first European Healing the Herd – Connection Focused Therapy Workshop in Essen with Linda Kohanov in 2021.
A small herd of horses will be our partners in the practice sessions in the workshop.
Cudos (6 days): 2.700 Euros
Lunch, coffee/tea, snacks and course materials are included.
For more information, please get in touch by email on [email protected], or fill in the form below.
You can also get more information about this training through our question and answer session that took place on April 28th.
Click the button below to access the replay.